What you can expect from Action in Mind:
- We will provide a thorough induction on the work of Action in Mind, including its vision, mission and values and all related policies, in particular Health and Safety at Work and Lone Worker policies.
- In-service training is provided on your chosen volunteering activity by the volunteer supervisor, as well as regular support and supervision.
- We will provide you with a volunteer supervisor who will offer you regular support throughout your volunteering experience with us
- We will provide you with a copy of the Volunteer Handbook which sets out the standards and expectations we have of volunteers, but also what you should expect from us.
- We will reimburse you for your travel and other authorised expenses carried out in relation to your voluntary work. All expenses must be claimed on the appropriate forms and submitted, with receipts, to your volunteer supervisor by the 1st of each month, in line with our Volunteer Expenses Policy.
- We provide insurance cover for volunteers for voluntary work, approved and authorised by us. Volunteers using their own vehicles to transport clients must provide evidence of a valid driving licence and business use insurance.
- We welcome feedback on your volunteering experience as we are always seeking to learn from and improve our services, whether to clients or volunteers.
- If you should experience any problems or difficulties while volunteering with us, or in the event of an unresolved problem, you should speak with your volunteer supervisor, in the first instance, or raise the matter directly with the Executive Director.
- We will keep you informed of any changes in our volunteer requirements, as well as new developments within Action in Mind.
What we expect from our volunteers
- We expect volunteers to commit to our charitable objectives and to abide by our values in all activities.
- We trust you to perform your volunteering role and key responsibilities, as outlined in your role description, to the best of your ability and to attend on-going training, as required by Action in Mind.
- We require you to keep yourself regularly informed about our policies and procedures relating to clients supported by us, whether you work with individuals or in groups. These can be found on the Volunteer Drive or emailed out to you.
- We require you to act in the best interests of clients supported by us and to work in a manner that is empowering and motivating and which enable clients to achieve their personal outcomes.
- We require you to meet reporting requirements, as set out in your job role, and to maintain regular contact with your volunteer supervisor, informing them if your contact details change. Should your personal circumstances change and, where these may affect you volunteering with us, you need to let us know as soon as possible so that alternative arrangements can be made for clients.
- You must ensure that confidential information regarding the charity and of our clients is maintained at all times.
- We aim to provide support and supervision on a 6-8 weekly basis with your volunteer supervisor, with an initial six monthly review for new-starts and annual review thereafter.
- There is no time limit to how long you can volunteer with Action in Mind. Volunteers can engage in different activities simultaneously or change roles after discussion with their volunteer supervisor.