How We Can Help

Action in Mind’s registered office is based in Stirling’s Riverside area at 19 Dean Crescent.

We have been a leading provider of community based mental health services for over 30 years, supporting people experiencing mental health difficulties, and their families and carers living principally in the Stirling Council area.  As approved social care providers for both Falkirk and Clackmannanshire Councils, our Home Support service now extends our geographical outreach to include these two areas also.

We offer a range of support services for people as young as 12 years of age and over – from Befriending, Counselling, Hub Centre (wellbeing and peer support) to Home Support and Rural Outreach.  All our services are designed to be person-centred and underpinned by working towards holistic wellbeing and recovery from mental ill-health.   We support people through their personal crisis and distress to where they feel safe and self-assured to meet day to day challenges with increased confidence and personal resilience.

How to get referred

Referral to our core services is best done through your local GP.  
Your GP will make an electronic referral on your behalf, having had a discussion with you about the service options that are available to you.  Once we receive the referral we will get in touch with you to arrange a meeting with the appropriate service manager. This may be at your home or at our offices.

To access our Home Support service, you must first receive a Social Work assessment from your local authority - either Stirling, Clackmannanshire or Falkirk.

If you already receive a mental health service from the NHS but feel you need more social support then you can be referred by your psychiatrist, community psychiatric nurse or other health and social care professional such as a social worker, health visitor, physiotherapist or occupational therapist, for example.

You can also contact us direct, either by email at or telephone 01786 451203.